My husband is away on business so I decided it was time to get creative. It was just me, my 3 chihuahua babies, a glass of Pinot Noir, and craft supplies scattered all over the place.
It all started on my way home from work when I stopped at Big Lots to see if they had a craft section. Ended up leaving with some random craft supplies, and 2 REALLY cool mirrors that were $10 a piece. Only problem is they were ugly gold... but I checked the back of the mirrors when I was in the store and saw that they could easily be taken apart, and spray painted. Muahaha.
Then I ran next door to Michael's and got my VERY first tube of Mod Podge glue! NEVER used it before but I have been so curious to try it, and a project I had in mind for the evening required it.
Okay so here is what the gold mirrors look like, after I removed the mirror out of the frame:
I will show you the "after" in a second...
Remember the mirror that I said I broke from the garage sale? Well, I couldn't let the frame go to waste. So...
I made a Scrapbook Board! I have never heard of a Scrapbook Board before, but I had to give this thing a name. It reminds me of a page from a scrapbook but made into wall art.
Here is what I did:
1. Removed mirror out of frame, spray painted frame black with Rustoleum spray paint.
2. Took scrapbook paper from Michael's (in pink Damask print to match our bedroom) and mod podge glued it to a piece of canvas (that miraculously fit inside that frame PERFECTLY!)
3. Took 5 pictures of Michael and I, all from different vacations we've been on. 2 from Hawaii, 2 from Mexico. Labeled each picture with what vacation it was, and mod podged them onto the board. Then, I stuck the canvas inside the frame.
4. Took scrapbook stickers and words and stuck them to it, and the 2 starfish were from the Dollar Tree craft section! :)
5. Put mod podge over the stickers so they stay well. And done!
I know it's kind of hard to see the pictures from the flash, but you get the idea.
Alright moving on. The next project I did because I already had a board from Michael's to make a sign with. I decided to make one for my bedroom this time.
Here it is:
I have to admit, I impressed myself on this one. I think I'm getting the hang of this crafting thing!!
Here is how I made it:
1. I spray painted the board black with Rustoleum spray paint.
2. I stenciled on the letters.
3. I took a silver SHARPIE PAINT marker (these things rockkkkk I highly recommend them) and filled in the letters, and added the line around the side.
4. I took that little wooden heart that I had from Michael's as well and painted it pink, glued it on with my hot glue gun from the 99 cent store. Done!
I decided that everything I made, along with my new spray painted mirrors, should all go on the wall of my bedroom that is not decorated yet.... here is the before:
And After, with all of my new projects up:
Aren't the mirrors great?? They go so well with our Black and White damask print curtains and lamp shades!
Today I'm linking up to: