Friday, January 28, 2011

Just a quickie..

 Hello and Happy Friday bloggers!

I took the leftover leopard print wrapping paper used on the nursery bookshelves and made another small decoration for the nursery..

Before:


After:


Just traced the letters, cut them out, and mod podged them on!  I'll show what they look like in the nursery once it's ready for the reveal!

Thanks for reading. :)










Sunday, January 23, 2011

Nursery Bookshelves

Hello!

I'm finally getting going on the nursery.  We have actually completed quite a bit, but I don't want to reveal it until we're completely finished.  But, in the meantime, I'll share a couple projects I did for it as a sneak peak of what's to come!

Originally the idea/theme I was going for was Noah's Ark.  After I started looking at ideas online I decided I didn't really care for a lot of the Noah's Ark crib beddings I saw.  Also, I wanted to try and keep the nursery somewhat modern, and not to theme-y.

I decided to stick with the animals idea but lean more towards the safari look and use some animal prints.  That being said, here is the first big project we completed!

We found these 2 small bookshelves at a garage sale and got them both for $20:


Since they're particle board, I couldn't really sand them so I primed and spray painted them white.  Hubby helped me spray and I wore a mask since there's a bun in the oven! Ha ha..


After the paint dried, we took leopard print wrapping paper and spray glued it to the back of the shelves, then put the shelves back in.  Now they look like this:


I am oh-so in love with them!!!


(We flattened out those air bubbles once we noticed them in this picture.)

I can't show a picture of the whole nursery yet because it's not quite ready, but here is what the shelves look like in there:


I got this lamp at Pier One half off for $24.99!


The next project I did was small, but fun.  We bought little cubby shelves for the closet so I can easily access stuff in there and stay organized.  We got the shelves and pull out bins from Ikea.  I decided to make labels for each one of the bins.  All I did was went to Michael's and bought little rectangle pieces of wood for like a dollar each, spray painted them with chalkboard paint, put little stickers on them, and wrote on the labels with a chalkboard marker! (Which are way better than regular chalk in case you didn't know that yet!) Here they are:


I can hardly WAIT for tomorrow, I have a changing dresser I found on Craigslist being delivered, and the crib bedding will be shipped in a couple weeks from Amazon.  Once those things are in place, I'm pretty much finished with the nursery, except for those final touches I will do more towards my due date like framing a couple maternity photoshoot pics and 4D ultrasound pics for example. :)  I will be blogging pics of the whole nursery the SECOND I feel it's worthy to be revealed!!!

Thanks for stopping by!

Linking up to: